Join our smart and sustainable electric adventure!
full Information announced soon for 2018
9 Day Electric Vehicle Road Trip
January - February 2018
UAE - Oman
Join our mailing list to for the latest announcements on how to get involved . Joining our electric vehicle road trip, you'll have first hand experience of the latest electric vehicle technology, be a part of the opening of brand new charging infrastructure along the way, join our conference and showcasing events and see some beautiful sights in the region.
Emirates 2017: The first Electric Vehicle Road Trip of its kind in the Middle East
The Emirates EVRT 2017, was the first electric vehicle road trip in the Middle East. Launching from the Burj Al Arab on 29th January; participants drove for 4 days across all 7 Emirates. 9 Engie charging points were opened along the way, including the first electric vehicle charging stations in Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah. The epic journey reached the finish line at The Sustainable City, Dubai on 1st February for the first e-Mobility conference in the region where government, corporations and consumers shared, learnt and discussed the rapidly evolving electric vehicle market.
In addition, we are pleased to note major achievements from our stakeholders:
- Burj Al Arab have announced to install 20 charging stations
- AXA Insurance launched a fully comprehensive auto insurance scheme for electric vehicles owners
- Emirates NBD بنك الإمارات دبي الوطني launched their green auto loan product
- AccorHotels installed 9 charging points
- The Sustainable City offered a 40,000 subsidy for its tenants who purchase an electric vehicle
- ENGIE launched its charging stations product, installing 10 in the UAE